Monday, July 2, 2012

Trip to vintage/antique museum...aka my Grandparent's house!

So over the next few days I will be posting about my past weekend trip to my Grandparent's house. They have been married for 65 years this past May 2012, and still live by themselves in a farmhouse on about 20 acres. Here is a picture of them when they were first married:


 They have been attending antique auctions and frequenting antique malls since I can remember. So just imagine what a house would look like with 65 years worth of vintage and antiques in it...
My grandmother loves to collect dolls, Aunt Jemima, along with some rather odd items. Here is a picture of my grandmother taken this past weekend, standing beside an antique organ that she and my grandpa purchased about 15 years ago....
Now when I say that she collects some odd vintage things, I do mean ODD. Here is an example of a vintage oddity that I found on a shelf in their house this past weekend:

Someone please explain that one to me, lol! Anyways, you get the picture, literallly, right?!
Here is another example:
Well, like I said, over the next few days I will be sharing all of the wonderful vintage and antique things my granparents have collected together over the past 65 years of their lives together. I will leave you with a picture of my grandmother when she was young. And you can kind of see under it another pic of my grandparents when they had been married about 48 years.
Thanks for reading, and I'll be back soon with more interesting pictures of the vintage and antiques I encountered this past weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment