Sunday, July 22, 2012

More antiques at Grandma's house...

Wow, it sure has been a long time since I posted last! Well, like about 2 weeks or so. But it feels like FOREVER! We just got back from our cruise vacation to Mexico, and it was...welll...amazing. So I am just now getting back into the swing of things here at home, haha. So anyways, like I said in my last post, I am doing a series of posts dedicated to my Grandparents, who have been collecting antiques for as long as I have known them. I recently visited them at their home, which is full of years and years worth of antiques that they have accumalated at auctions, thrift stores, etc. I will share a few more of these goodies with you today. Here is a picture of some beautiful antique/vintage teacups that my Grandmother has collected. I apologize for the horrible picture quality...I forgot my camera and had to take pics with my phone. Low quality, I know.
A cute teacup collection:
She also collected spoons:
Some teapots...(low quality pic, I know):
Now for the China cabinet. It is definitely antique. I am not sure exactly how old, but the glass on the front of the door is curved. This cabinet sits in their formal dining room, and is extremely heavy. And very beautiful indeed.
Here is a picture of the fine China sitting in this gorgeous cabinet. I did not write down the brand, but took a picture. Unfortunately, it did not turn out clear enough for me to decipher it. If you recognize it, please feel free to leave a comment. I would appreciate it, as I do not know how long it will be before I can get back down to visit my Grandparents to find out.


Thats all for this post, see you next time! Maybe it won't be so long between posts this time, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment